Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry F#%king Christmas - The Tradition Continues


Well, if it's inevitable, you might as well relax and enjoy it. Regular reader(s) of this blog realize I am talking about the tradition where I bug out early from the Christmas Queen Mother's Festival of Family, go home to watch a movie by myself (last year it was Death Race 2000), listen to the Christmas Queen herself while she tells me all about the party I just left, find my attention wandering back to the movie which pisses the Queen off enough that she wishes me a "Merry Fucking Christmas" and stomps off. Then the boy laughs.

Now there are two ways I can go. I can be a loving and sensitive husband, attentive to my wife's needs, and help her to make this Christmas a warm and comforting expression of family love and togetherness. Or I could watch a movie. My question to you, dear reader(s), is which movie?* Please take the time to help me make my choice by filling out the poll in the sidebar.

*(Now, before you pass judgement on me as a complete asshole, realize that the Christmas Queen already has laser beams for eyes and is quivering in anticipation like a coonhound before the hunt, and that, whatever I do and however I do it, chances are about 90/10 that it will be wrong. I might as well grow a pair and take my medicine like a man.)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:25 PM

    I wanted to vote for Pluto Nash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny post scripto, I really liked that:
    "Now there are two ways I can go. I can be a loving and sensitive husband[...]. Or I could watch a movie. My question to you, dear reader(s), is which movie?"

    So, how did it go?

    Oh and by the way, did you see that Makarios gave you an "award" on his blog? I don't know what made me laugh the most, your post or his...

    and Merry Christmas to you anyway, one day too late ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hugo. And Merry Christmas to you. Being called dumb by Makarios is a badge of honor I will wear until my dying day. I ending up with both but District 9 was the actual Christmas Eve movie. Highly recommended. Best SciFi I've seen in a long time.

    ReplyDelete