Saturday, September 13, 2008

Preparing to Believe


On the cover of the Creation Museum pamplet that a friend mailed me is a big ole multi-pigmented dinosaur eye with the words CREATION MUSEUM -Prepare to believe. OK, I will, but this Preparing to Believe is going to take quite a bit of unlearning. For 30 years now I've been writing dozens of letters to newpapers, attending school board meetings and ICR dog and pony shows, as well as arguing endlessly on internet forums against the Creationist theory hypothesis model position. And for what? So that more people would believe in teaching Creationism than believed thirty years ago? What's the point? It's not working. I give up. It's time for a change.

First I suppose I will have to unread some of the books shown in the picture above. I can't quite read the titles but I'm pretty sure it includes On the Origin of Species. I'll have to get my hands on one of those God's Word scrolls. I wonder if there are still some original manuscripts floating around? (Note to self: check Ebay). I guess I'll have to learn Hebrew. Ancient Hebrew. Is there a difference? Which translation? I was raised a Catholic, is our Bible demon inspired? Better check with Ken. I'm confused. It would be a lot easier if God would just stuff his word in my head tonight while I'm sleeping. I will prepare myself.

I read the blogs of the Believers who have made the pilgrimage to northern Kentucky. They had a blast but they were pre-prepared. I am not, but it's time for a world view overhaul. I can't wait to wrap myself in the warm fuzzy logic of Young Earth Creationism. First stop - Genesis!

1 comment:

  1. Be careful reading that scroll known as Genesis. Young-earth creationists have been known to bump their head on the dome it mentions in 1:6-7. It can cause quite a headache... :)

    ReplyDelete