Friday, July 13, 2012

I'm Manlier Than Don Draper




Everybody oohing and aahing over Dapper Don Draper fixing the kitchen faucet during the dinner party. Somehow this is the mark of a real man. A man among men. A manly man's man. If amateur plumbing and car repair was the mark of a real man I would have balls the size of cantelopes. And I don't. So I have to call bullshit. I know the purpose of the scene was to show Don getting those vaginal sprinklers going as the women stood back admiring his man handling of that balky plumbing. But c'mon, what's he fix it with? A fork? Where's his bucket of tools? A real man has a bucket of tools. Maybe two. I know I do. Then he explains that the supply valve was turned all the way on and the faucet couldn't handle it. Double bullshit. (And I'm wrong but a manly man looks this shit up, admits he's wrong but doesn't correct it because that's for wimps)

A real man knows two things about plumbing:
1 - you can't have too many tools
and 2 - Yay for plastic

4 comments:

  1. Ok, maybe I'm wrong, but the show is in hiatus and the sole purpose of that episode was to get him in a t shirt and show the world that he is a man of many talents.

    So, with Mitt the Twit running his mouth off and Barack giving money to his own campaign, I was hoping for more insight that a Don Drapper rehash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, maybe I'm wrong, but the show is in hiatus and the sole purpose of that episode was to get him in a t shirt and show the world that he is a man of many talents.

    So, with Mitt the Twit running his mouth off and Barack giving money to his own campaign, I was hoping for more insight that a Don Drapper rehash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an unusual thing. People tend to be happy even in the worst thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Vaginal sprinklers. :)

    ReplyDelete