Sunday, October 05, 2008

Preparing to Believe - Man Arrives


I'm stuck on Jesus. On songs about Jesus, anyway. The 14 year old Sony receiver in my pickup will only scan the Word FM. As the manual tuner is inaccessible I'm going to have to take this as a sign. To my tin ear the songs sound like any other top 40 station, only they're right with Jesus and every hour or so Ken Hamm breaks in with a short creation science moment. There's rap about Jesus, country about Jesus, alternative about Jesus. It's all good and very positive. There are even lists of businesses that are right with Jesus. So it occurred to me that this change in worldview will be easier than I thought. There seems to be a whole other independent American way set up. I can get my car fixed by Christians, shop for groceries at Christian stores, buy a house from Christians, get my science at the Creation Museum, send my kids to christian schools and then to Liberty Baptist University. If they're smart enough, they can go to Patrick Henry and help rule America. It's a whole big blanket of God insulating the believer from the things of this world. Once I manage to weasel my way into the community of believers it will be very hard to fall away. Everything's right there. Far better than the so-called "community" of non-believers. I don't see any atheist auto body shops in my area. Bunch of bitter drunken know-it-alls. Hitchens, bah! I bet Ken Ham wakes up feeling better on Sunday morning. Today Ken said that if there was a worldwide flood we would expect to find millions of dead things buried in the ground. And what do we find? Millions of dead things buried in the ground. Take that, Stephen J. Freakin' Gould. Hope you get Around the World with Ken Ham while you're roasting in hell!

While wading through Genesis I found one thing that puzzles me:
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."


"Our" image. I kind of wanted to join a monotheistic religion. Who's this "us"? And are just men created in God's image? Or is it women, too? Is God trans or maybe supra gender? I'm confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment