Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Don't Get It


What's so funny about tea bagging? My grandma used to teabag all the time. Sometimes my mom would, too. I can remember us all sitting around the kitchen table in Scranton dipping and dunking away. Tea bagging our hearts out.
At least Joe Scarborough takes his tea bagging seriously. This morning he got on his fellow talk show hosts for mocking the thousands of Americans who opened their mouths in protest and joined their fellows in tea bag parties in cities all across this great land. Middle school juvenile humor, he said, and unfitting for serious news commentators. I'm not exactly sure what he's talking about. Joe's a lot smarter than me so maybe he sees something I'm missing. I'll be the first to admit that a lot of this tea bagging stuff goes right over my head. Maybe he was talking about Dave Shuster who said if you're having a lot of tea bag parties you need a Dick Armey. What's wrong with that? You probably could use a Dick Cheney, too. If fact, I would think you would want all the Dicks (not to mention Toms and Harrys) that you could muster. Rachael Maddow said she didn't invent the whole concept. It's nice of her not to want to take credit but somebody needs to find the guy who came up with the idea and shake his hand. Maybe there's a patent on file. Anyway, I'm with Joe. I'm proud to be a tea bagger and this whole mockery thing rubs me the wrong way.

Our own tea bag party here in the valley didn't turn out too good. It rained pretty hard and the only people who showed were me, six guys from my gun club and the bag lady with her shopping cart. We all wore our side arms proudly (except the bag lady) in support of our God Given 2nd Amendment Rights and to scare off any hippies who would try to crash our tea bag party with their Celestial Seasonings bullshit. It rained so hard my oversize cardboard Obama Kenyan birth certificate fell apart and the bags I had stapled to my hat swelled up and started dripping tea down my face. We all brought our own bags but we only had one umbrella and after an hour or so our bags were getting so soggy that we huddled together in a circle hoping that we could at least save a couple so we could throw them on the courthouse steps. It was not to be and every bag sogged up and fell to the ground. We just left them. I think the bag lady got them.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM

    Hi,
    I was uncertain what all the hoopla was about.

    Then I found out that TEA BAGGING is defined as...

    "Tea bagging", a slang term for when a person stimulates a man's testicles with her or his mouth. Some people use "tea bagging" to refer to the act of lowering one's scrotum into another person's mouth.

    Compared to sexual intercourse, oral contact with the testicles is relatively low-risk, safer sex. Most people are likely to do it without protection. However, because some sexually transmitted infections, like herpes or HPV, can be spread through skin-to-skin contact, it is possible that someone might further reduce the risk by using a Glyde® dam or plastic wrap for this kind of oral sex play."

    I was actually proud that these people are proposing a form of safe sex without risk of unwanted pregnancies.

    This appears to be a rather progressive movement... surprising that it is supported by the conservative followers.

    ReplyDelete